Should I homeschool my special needs child or will it only further isolate him/her?
I'm totally agree with moderator. If your kid have special needs you definitely should homeschool your child. There are a lot of sites that can help you with that:
But if he/she is able to handle him/herself with little help of someone else i think that school is way better.
The decision to homeschool or not is a very personal one. If your child has special needs, you might feel that you are the one who knows him/her best and therefore can teach him/her best. While the first surely is true, you do know your child best, the second assertion may or may not be the case. Teachers who are trained in working with special needs kids are more plentiful than ever and they are currently being trained with the best cumulative knowledge and latest available techniques.
Private schools do exist for many types of special needs, but they can be expensive and often still not fully adapted to your child’s specific situation. Therefore, you might find yourself wondering how to get your child the education they deserve in a format that works for them.
Homeschooling a special needs child is a very advantageous choice for many parents who can afford the time and resources to do so. A homeschool program will allow children with special needs to have their specific needs addressed and also avoid many obstacles that they would face in a traditional classroom.
In order to make the best decision for your child, we suggest you do your own extensive research with your child in mind. There is a great deal written on the subject, much of it surprisingly positive and in favor of homeschooling special needs kids.
Here are a few sites that might be helpful sources of information:
• https://Homeschool.com (link is external), an excellent source of information on many aspects of homeschooling.
• http://www.homeschool.com/articles/SpecialNeeds.asp# (link is external)
• https://specialneedshomeschooling.com/ (link is external)
• https://www.thsc.org/category/special-needs/ (link is external) from the Texas Homeschool Coalition
• http://www.homeschoolfoundation.org/ (link is external) the Homeschool Foundation
• http://www.bookshark.com/blog/special-needs-homeschool/ (link is external) Article: “Why Special Needs Kids Thrive in a Homeschool Environment” Mar 29, 2016